Your Trusted Vero Beach, FL Emergency Dentist
A dental emergency, by its very nature, is impossible to predict before it arises. It is possible, however, to be prepared for the unthinkable with a reliable Vero Beach, FL emergency dentist on call. At Vero Implant and Esthetic Dentistry, Dr. Adam Jones and Dr. Giuliana Diaz Jones offer same day emergency dentistry appointments, allowing you to receive the urgent dental care you need when you need it most.
What is a Dental Emergency?
Any issue that requires immediate treatment in order to stop bleeding, save a tooth, or relieve severe pain is considered a dental emergency. If you are experiencing any of the following, it is imperative that you contact our office immediately to plan your visit to our office.
- Avulsed (knocked out) tooth: Retrieve the tooth, holding it only by the crown (the portion that is usually visible above the gum line). Avoid touching the root, as this can damage the cells that are responsible for reattachment to the bone. Gently rinse the tooth with warm water, but don’t scrub it or attempt to remove any attached tissue. Try to place the tooth back into the socket; if this is not possible, store it in a container of milk or saliva as you make your way to our office. It is important that the tooth not be allowed to dry out.
- Fractured tooth: Gently rinse your mouth with warm water, and use a cold compress to reduce inflammation of the affected area. Ibuprofen may be taken to alleviate pain, and call our office for an emergency appointment. We will perform a visual exam and x-rays to determine the amount of damage to the tooth.
- Partially dislodged tooth: If possible, reposition the tooth with light pressure, but never force it. Gently bite down to keep the tooth in place and get to our office as quickly as possible.
- Soft tissue injury: Rinse the area gently with warm water. Using sterile gauze, apply pressure to the area to staunch any bleeding. Head to our office as soon as possible if bleeding does not subside within 10 to 15 minutes.
- Object stuck between teeth: Using a length of dental floss, attempt to remove the object from between the teeth. It is important to remember that sharp or pointy objects should never be used in an attempt to remove food or other debris from between the teeth.
Reliable Dental Emergency Care in Vero Beach, FL
When you or someone in your family is in pain and you need help fast, turn to the same day emergency dentists Vero Beach, FL residents trust the most. We pledge to provide you and your loved ones with quick, convenient, and compassionate care in an environment that is warm, welcoming, and equipped with the latest in dental technology. Contact us today to learn more about our emergency dental services in Vero Beach and the surrounding areas, including South Beach, Gifford, Indian River Shores, Sebastian, Florida Ridge, and beyond.